Pages

Tuesday 15 August 2017

Rippa Rugby

For Kiwisport we are learning how to play Rippa Rugby. As most of us are pretty big rugby fans we are really enjoying increasing our skills and knowledge of this sport.

Today we worked on defending; trying to rip a flag off the person carrying the ball. We started by getting into pairs and taking it in turns to act as the ball carrier and the defender. It was harder to take the flags off than we first thought and we realized that we had to be quite quick to grab the flag - it was easier to take a lunge to the side of someone and make a grab than to run behind them!

After practicing these skills we launched into a quick game which we really enjoyed. We focused on getting used to the way the game is played and working together to be strong attackers/ defenders. We look forward to introducing more rules and positions into these games as we develop our skills and understanding further!

5 comments:

  1. Hi there, my name is Hadia and I am a student in room 21. I really like your post about Rippa Rugby I have heard of but have never played. It made me think of when we have relievers to teach different sport like baseball .If you would like to see my blog please visit http://odshadiar.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, it is me Krisha from Owairaka school. I really like how you are playing Rippa Rugby. How you thought of posting a video of you guys playing it.
    you would like to see my learning, please visit my blog krishas.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi my name is Essa from owairaka school I really enjoy this post because of all of its photos and info. you can make it better by adding more of what skills you did. you can visit by blog at http://odsessaa.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, My name is Frankie P and I am from owairaka school in room 21. Learning rippa rugby must have been very fun, If you want to check out my learning please visit : odsfrancescap.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, my name is Alyzae and I am a student in room 21 at Owairaka School. I really like your guys post about Rippa Rugby. Have you thought of posting a video and show us you guys playing. If you would like to see my learning http://odsalyzaeb.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete