Pages

Wednesday 7 June 2017

Ancient History!

This week Kiwi and Pukeko have been reading about Pompeii, Mt Vesuvius and the ancient romans, as we are learning about history in inquiry this term. Their create activity was to recreate the eruption of Mt Vesuvius and to retell the series of events.
The rest of the class were also interested in making the volcano, so we had a lesson about Pompeii and completed a mini inquiry to learn more about Rome. We then created an aspect of a roman city that we were interested in, such as a colosseum and a temple.
Each group made a different aspect of Pompeii, before we put our creations altogether to have a city. Mt Vesuvius was in the middle and we used coke and mentos to create an eruption. We learnt from our text that Pompeii still exists, as it was preserved by the ash from the volcano. It was discovered over a thousand years after Mt Vesuvius erupted!
 

7 comments:

  1. that is amazing by the way my name is adam im from owairaka school and you should do more like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, my name is Farman and I am a student in room 21 at Owairaka School. The is amazing art work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi my name is Isaiah in room 21 at owairaka school and i like your building

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi my name is Isaiah in room 21 at owairaka school and i like your building

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi my name Tobi from Owairaka school. amazing work it looks cool and i like the volcano.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kia ora Room 8 explorers,
    Last year I was lucky enough to visit Rome and I was totally awe struck by the history and the incredible buildings - the temples and most impressive, the Colosseum. Italy has such an incredible history and I imagine will be more and more amazed and your inquiry continues. Is it clay that you are using to re create your aspect of a Roman city?
    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi my name is Ali and a like your blog is so cool and my school is owairakschool and my teacher is miss green and your class is so cool and your teacher

    ReplyDelete